Hosting your ceremony at St. Joseph’s Cathedral and your reception at the Columbus Athenaeum is a great combination.
Here are a few ideas to help transition guests from your ceremony to the Columbus Athenaeum.
- Hire a Bagpiper or Steel Drum player to escort your guests to the reception space.
- Rent a Classic Car, Trolley or Carriage for you, your fiancé and bridal party while guest follow along on the sidewalk.
- Guide your guests around the corner with you and your fiancé at the head of the line holding giant balloons.
If your ceremony is at 11:30 am and you are hosting an evening reception, suggest or host activities for your guests.
- Plan an OSU tailgate party in Goodale Park
- Rent an Athenaeum room for a laid back lunch reception with a Taco Bar
- Host a picnic at Columbus Commons around the carousel
- Suggest guests walk around the Short North
- Book a block of seats for guests to enjoy a Columbus Clippers Game
- Host an early Happy Hour at the Renaissance bar, Latitude 41
- Recommended your guests visit some of your favorite local attractions
- Jeni’s Ice Cream
- North Market
- The Book Loft, in German Village
To inquire about hosting your ceremony at St. Joseph’s Cathedral, Call 614-224-1295